Thank you for choosing Summit Surgical Center, LLC for your surgical care needs.
At Summit, we pride ourselves in giving the highest quality of care and excellent service to our patients and their family members including the billing process. Providing first-rate customer service in Patient Business Services is our commitment to you. We are committed to providing you the best care possible and keeping you informed about the charges for services and your obligations.
Our Patient Business Services team can help you with:
- Understanding your insurance requirements.
- Understanding your bill and your statements.
- Explaining what you can expect during the billing process.
- Helping you make a plan for payment of your surgical care expenses.
Click on the following link for Billing Terms: Billing Terms
Click the following links for information from the US Hospital Association to assist consumers with understanding how and why they can be exposed to financial responsibility under the new health benefit plan:
You have an obligation to pay the co-payment, co-insurance and any outstanding deductibles in accordance with your insurance carrier. Co-payments must be paid on the date of surgery. Please verify insurance benefits prior to any procedure and provide us with your current insurance information. At times, some insurance companies may not cover certain procedures and you may be required to sign an Advance Beneficiary Notice (ABN).
You can pay your responsibility online. This is a convenient way to manage your account on your time. It is easy and we accept all major credit cards as well as pay by check.
Plans we participate in:
Summit participates in the insurance plans listed below. It is important that you contact your insurance company prior to receiving services or care at Summit. Each plan is different and some provide different levels of coverage that could make a difference in your out-of-pocket costs. it is always best to contact your insurance company to obtain more information.
In addition, the physicians who provide care within our facility might not participate in the same insurance plans as Summit. You should check with the physician who is arranging your healthcare servces to see which insurance plans the physician participates in. You should also know that these healthcare professional(s) costs are not included in the facility's charges. They will bill separately.
If your insurance plan is not listed below it MAY BE OUT-OF-NETWORK and you may be responsible for services provided. Please review insurance plans we accept below. Please contact the Billing Department (856-247-7888) to request an estimated amount you will be billed. If your insurance plan is out-of-network and you have questions; please contact your insurance provider.
Insurance Plans we Participate in:
- Aetna Better Health
- Amerihealth* (Medical and Worker’s Compensation)
- Amerihealth Administrators
- Beech Street
- Consumer Health Network
- Devon Health Network
- First Health Network
- First MCO
- Group Health Insurance
- Horizon Blue Cross
- Horizon Casualty (MVA & WC)
- Horizon New Jersey Health
- Independence Blue Cross
- No Fault Insurance
- Prime Health Services
- Private Healthcare Systems
- Tricare (Champus)
- Uniformed Services Family Healthplan (USFHP)
- United Healthcare
- USA Managed Care Organization
- Veterans Choice Program (VCP)
- Worker’s Compensation
For a more detailed list of the above insurances please click this link: In-Network Insurances
Related services that other providers may bill you for:
Summit contracts with physicians and physician groups that are not Summit employees but instead have a contract with the facility to provide certain healthcare services that prevents us from using any other physicians for these services. you should know that these healthcare professionals' costs are never included in the facility's charges. They will bill you separately.
Please contact these providers to verify that they are in network with your insurance company.
- West Jersey Anesthesia fees (856) 988-6250
- Physician fees (Refer to surgical specialties tab for physician information)
- Your physician may use an assistant during your procedure. Please check with your physician whether this person is in network
- Diagnostic Pathology Consultants (855) 294-9520
- Pathology services
- South Jersey Radiology reading fees
Prior authorization /Referrals:
Your insurance company may require you to obtain Prior Authorization for treatment. If so, please obtain written approval before your surgery. Failure to obtain a referral may delay your care.
Third Party Liability Insurance Carriers/ Accident Injury:
We are contracted with several government agencies. Under their regulations we may not be able to bill them if a third party liability insurance is responsible, including Medicare, Medicaid, Tricare, Veterans Administration, and others.
Health insurance companies require a Third Party Liability Insurance Automobile Insurance & Worker’s Compensation claim to process before we can send a claim to the government agencies or health insurance companies for reimbursement. If you request that we NOT bill your third party liability insurance you may be held responsible for the charges.
At your request, we will submit a claim to your Primary Medical Insurance Carrier. You may receive an accident questionnaire from your insurance company to be completed by you. If the questionnaire is not returned to your medical insurance company and we receive a denial on your claim, a statement will be sent to you for the denied charges.
Out of Network Insurance Plans (OON):
Summit is dedicated to providing consumers with as much information as possible regarding potential healthcare costs. Accordingly, we have listed the information on the insurers and products the center participates in as well as any exceptions.
This list may not be comprehensive. For example, specialty insurers such as worker's compensation and personal injury protection ("PIP") are not included because there are a number of different types of insurance products and we may not participate in all of them. If you do not see your plan listed on our website, we strongly recommend that you contact us or your health insurance plan to confirm whether your plan is in-network or out-of-network.
- We accept VISA, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Cash or Check.
- We require you to pay your co-pay prior to or on your date of service.
- We are more than happy to file insurance claims for you.
- We realize that temporary financial problems may affect timely payment of your account. We do offer some arrangements and we encourage you to contact us promptly for assistance in helping manage your account. Please call our Patient Business Accounting Department at (856) 247-7888 between 8:00am – 4:00pm.
You will receive a monthly statement from us for any remaining balance after your insurance processes your claim. Your payment is expected within 20 days of receipt of this statement.
Alternative arrangements can be made if you are unable to meet your financial obligations. However, you will need to contact the patient business services office to set up the agreement.
Providing Insurance Information:
- Name of the insurance company
- Policy number
- Group number
- When the policy started
- Where the claim should be mailed
- Name of the policy holder
- The relationship of the policy holder to the patient
- Date of birth of the policy holder
Please contact (856) 247-7888 by phone or e-mail us at [email protected]